We are excited to announce that IPMA-HR’s new community site, IPMA-HR Engage, is now live and open to all members!
This new community tool provides you with access to networking and educational opportunities, as well as an easy-to-use discussion forums where you can connect, engage and share information and best practices with other IPMA-HR members.
IPMA-HR Engage is your go-to place to connect with other members, ask advice, and share expertise about all things important to public sector Human Resource professionals. You can even share large files without cluttering your inbox!
Our main discussion group, IPMA-HR Open Forum, is available to all members. You’ve been set up with a customizable profile, so please take five minutes now to follow the instructions below to start making connections!
Here are the simple steps to get started on IPMA-HR Engage:
1. Sign in at IPMA-HR Engage. Your username and password is the same as what you use for the IPMA-HR website. If you’re not sure what your login information is, click on the ‘I forgot my username or password’ link and follow the prompts.
*Important: When you log in for the first time, please be sure to read over the E-Group Rules and click on the ‘I Accept’ box at the bottom of the E-Group Rules & Etiquette page. You will need to accept these rules before continuing to IPMA-HR Engage.
2. Complete Your Profile. Your colleagues will want to know a little bit about you. You can complete your profile by importing information from LinkedIn or simply enter your information on the profile page.
*Important: Basic contact and employment information is automatically populated onto your IPMA-HR Engage profile from the Members Only section of the www.ipma-hr.org website. Updating your information on www.ipma-hr.org will also trigger the update of that info on your IPMA-HR Engage profile.
3. Build Your Contact List. A great benefit of IPMA-HR Engage is the searchable member directory. Connect with friends, colleagues and fellow members that you met at past events.
4. Review Your Email Settings. All members are auto-subscribed to the IPMA-HR Open Forum discussion group. You will start to receive emails containing new discussion posts as members start participating.
To update your email preferences, Click on the profile box in upper right corner of the platform. Click on Profile. Click My Account. Click Community Notifications – Choose your Notification Settings. Please choose from the following options:
- Real Time: You will receive an email each time a new message is posted
- Daily Digest: You will receive one email each day containing all of the previous day’s messages
- No Email: This means that you won’t receive any emails in your inbox. You will need to log in to the IPMA-HR Engage site to view and reply to discussion posts
Please make sure that your email address is accurate or you will not be able to receive any discussion posts.
Tip: To make sure that you always receive emails from IPMA-HR Engage, please be sure to add “DoNotReply@ConnectedCommunity.org” to your email safe list. Instructions for adding emails to your safe list can be found here: http://ipma-hr.org/about-us/contact-us/add-ipma-hr-to-your-safe-sender-list.
5. Post a Message. Have a question? Your colleagues can help! Hover over the “Participate” tab on the menu bar and click on “Post a Message”.
6. Share. Just like the “take a penny, leave a penny” model, if you find something useful on IPMA-HR Engage, we hope you will share something of your own! To share a document, hover over the “Participate” tab and click on “Share a File”.
7. Need Assistance? If you need additional guidance, email email@example.com or call 703-549-7100.
Happy Connecting on IPMA-HR Engage!